Canada’s capital, Ottawa has many tourist spots hence this city receives thousands of visitors annually.
There are exceptional attractions that include world class galleries and museums as well as vibrant parks that are worth visiting at any time of the year.
There is also a quiet side to this city that will always inspire you to visit and enjoy the blend of natural beauty and architecture.
Some of the top ten tourist spots in Ottawa and that attractions you must visit when you are in Ottawa are as follows:
Parliament Hill is where it all began always open and free to visit.https://t.co/bo6pZ8X7SW pic.twitter.com/4cXusrdHmj
— VR Experts (@VRPExperts) June 28, 2017 Things to Do In Ottawa
- Canadian War Museum – This is one of the must visit tourist spots in Ottawa. This museum gives you a glimpse into Canada’s military history through a wide collection of works of art, artifacts, unforgettable photography and moving personal stories.
This museum also lets you explore some of the human conflicts that shaped Canada and the world through its rich architecture that is symbolic, spectacular exhibitions and public programs.
- Parliament Hill and Buildings – The three impressive gothic style parliament buildings that houses the senate, the House of Commons and members of parliament overlooks is a great place to stop for fascinating stories of the Canadian history. Besides, you also get to go on free guided tours where you get a better understanding of how the political system works.
- Rideau Canal – This UNESCO world heritage site stretching over 126 miles is surrounded by historical sites and outstanding beauty. Although you can enjoy driving or walking here, this canal is also the world’s largest skating rink during the times of the year when the canal freezes making it ideal for skating.
- Notre Dame Basilica – This is not only the largest church but also oldest building in Ottawa. This basilica boasts of ornate gothic style and is recognizable through its twin spires. In addition, it has numerous statues of various religious figures, exquisite stained windows, lateral altars and the sanctuary.
- Ottawa River Parkway – This is an ideal venue for relaxation in Ottawa as it has amazing biking trails along the banks of Ottawa river. If you love cycling then you can be sure to enjoy breathtaking views along the scenic way. This attraction is also ideal for watching the sunset.
- Peace Tower – Visitors are mainly attracted to this tall tower that s in the middle of the center block building of the Canadian parliament because of the observation deck as well as clock and the war memorial hall. Admission is via parliament tour.
- National Gallery of Canada – With hundreds of work dating back to 1880, this museum holds a collection of Canadian and European sculptures, photos, drawings, prints and paintings. The building is large but can get calm and relaxing as you walk through.
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum – Here visitors are engaged in the wonder of flight through the museum’s educational programming, a remarkable collection, special events and activities. Here, you will get some great insight on Canada’s aviation industry even though from an international context. There is a collection of over 130 aircrafts as well as artifacts from both military and civil aviation.
- Byward Market – Tourists make a point of stopping at the ByWard square because this is where they can find everything they are looking for from vibrant nightclubs to unique boutiques and eateries.
- Gatineau Park – Indulge in the beauty of scenic trails and numerous mammal, bird and tree species. Gatineau Park is classified among Ottawa’s most valued natural wonders as it has incredible lookout points.
In conclusion, Ottawa is an incredible tourist destination that is dotted with attractions and spots that will make every moment spent her memorable.
However, these top ten are the most visited owing to their uniqueness and rich historical background surrounding them.
So make a point of stopping by these places next time you are in Ottawa Canada.
There are exceptional attractions including world class galleries & museumshttps://t.co/0NJmWjHL2X pic.twitter.com/oyBSPqwOTU
— VR Experts (@VRPExperts) August 23, 2017
Post by Janice Brown, a avid travel blogger The Vacation Rentals Experts – an online and offline digital marketing strategy that creates marketing solutions for vacation rentals and holiday properties and brands. that creates marketing solutions for vacation rentals and holiday properties and brands.
Joint us on twitter, Pinterest , Tumblr, Google Plus and follow our LinkedIn company page to learn more and get great tips on market strategy and solutions for your holiday properties.